(Redirected from National security organizations)
National security describes the measures taken by a state to ensure its survival and security. 
- maintenance of armed forces
- civil defence measures and emergency preparedness
- attempts to create resilience and redundancy in national infrastructure
- maintenance of intelligence services to detect threats
- protection of sensitive information
- National Security Act of 1947, U.S. Department of State.
- U.S. National Security Strategy, U.S. Department of State.
- Fiscal Year 2005 National Defense Authorization Act and Compilations of Defense Laws, House Armed Services Committee.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- global security
- National Security State
- U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century
- open government
- Patriot Act I
- Real Security Act of 2006
- state secrets privilege
- think tanks
National Security Concerns
National Security Organizations
- Air Force Science Board
- Army Science Board
- Boren-Rudman Commission
- Bureau of International Security Affairs
- Center for Security Policy/National Security Advisory Council
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Defense Criminal Investigative Service
- Defense Planning Board
- Defense Policy Board
- Defense Science Board
- Defense Science Board Task Force Reports
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Georgetown University
- Heritage Foundation
- Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Labratory (INEEL) (National Security Programs)
- Information Awareness Office
- Institute for National Security Studies also known as the USAF Institute for National Security Studies
- Institute of World Politics
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
- National defense links
- National Defense Panel
- National Infrastructure Protection Center
- National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- National Security Act Amendments of 1949
- National Security Advisory Council
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- National Security Caucus
- National Security Council (NSC)
- National Security Education Program (NSEP)
- National Security Presidential Directive
- National Security Study Group
- National War College
- Navy Science Board
- Office of Homeland Security
- Office of Net Assessment
- Office of Special Plans
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Patriot Act I
- Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Threat Reduction Advisory Council
- USAF Institute for National Security Studies
- U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century / Hart-Rudman Commission/Hart-Rudman Task Force on Homeland Security
- United States National Security Council
- Civil Liberties vs National Security: links to articles and reports dating from 1999 to 2004.
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports: Military and National Security.
- National Security Research Areas, RAND Corporation.
- National Security, Center for American Progress.
- United States National Security Advisor, Wikipedia.
- ArmsControlWonk.com: "All the stuff about WMD, intel and the national security bureaucracy."