Mark Dybul, M.D., is the faculty co-director of the Center for Global Health and Quality and professor in the department of medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Mark Dybul serves as a senior counselor to Global Business Coalition "and co-director of the Global Health Law Center at Georgetown University Law School's O'Neill Institute, where he is also a Distinguished Scholar. Dybul also serves as the managing director of the Office of the UN Special Envoy for Malaria.
"Dybul previously served as the United States Global AIDS Coordinator from 2006 to the end of the Bush Administration in 2009. In that role, he led the implementation of the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the largest international health initiative in history for a single disease. He oversaw U.S. government engagement with The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and was chair of the Finance and Audit Committee. He also served as chair of UNAIDS' coordinating board and as a member of the board of trustees of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.
"Prior to assuming the post of Ambassador, Dybul was the principal architect of the initial PEPFAR plan. He also led President Bush's International Prevention of Mother and Child HIV initiative at the Department of Health and Human Services. He is well published in scientific and policy literature and serves on numerous national and international boards.
"Dybul received his B.A. in philosophy and M.D. from Georgetown University before completing a residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Chicago Hospitals in 1992 and a fellowship in Infectious Diseases from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in 1995." 
- Trustee, Center for Interfaith Action on Global Poverty 
- Director, Global Action for Children 
- US Trustee, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation 
- Director, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative 
- Director, Clinton Health Access Initiative 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Mark Dybul, Global Business Coalition, accessed November 3, 2009.
- Board, Center for Interfaith Action on Global Poverty, accessed November 20, 2010.
- Board, Global Action for Children, accessed January 24, 2011.
- Children’s Investment Fund Foundation Team, organizational web page, accessed July 12, 2012.
- Directors, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, accessed June 15, 2020.
- Board, Clinton Health Access Initiative, accessed April 23, 2020.