Centre for Conflict Resolution
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) (formerly the Centre for Intergroup Studies) "was established by the University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa, in 1968 as an independent non-profit organisation. The Centre has developed an international reputation for excellence and has solid expertise in training, mediation, and policy research and development...
"In the first ever comprehensive survey of 5,500 think tanks in 170 countries worldwide, conducted by the University of Pennsylvania's Think Tanks and Civil Societies Programme, CCR was ranked the leading think tank in Africa in 2008, and is the only African organisation listed in the top 50 non-US think tanks globally." 
- Patron, The Most Reverend Njongonkulu Ndungane
- HW van der Merwe - Former Executive Director (1968-1992) 
- Laurie Nathan - Former Executive Director (1992-2003
Board of Governors
Accessed April 2010: 
- Adekeye Adebajo - Executive Director, Centre for Conflict Resolution
- Mary Chinery-Hesse
- Francis Deng
- Ashraf Grimwood
- James Jonah
- Gilbert Khadiagala
- Jody Kollapen
- Chris Landsberg
- Leon Levy - Chair
- Khabele Matlosa
- Thandabantu Nhlapo
- Yasmin Sooka
- Ethel Hamman
- Dawn Nagar
The Centre for Conflict Resolution is registered as a Section 21 company (not for profit). Costs are met by local and international donors who generously support our work. 
- Government of the Netherlands
- Government of Denmark
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID)
- Government of Norway
- Government of Finland
- Government of Ireland
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- TrustAfrica (Senegal)
- Anglo American Chairman's Fund
- South African Breweries
- Rowland and Leta Hill Trust
Resources and articles
- Pumla Gobodo-Madikizela
- African Institute for Agrarian Studies
- Shauna Mottiar
- Hakima Abbas
- Michelle Parlevliet
- Thelma Ariemebi Ekiyor
- About, Centre for Conflict Resolution, accessed April 6, 2010.
- 2007-8 Annual Report, Centre for Conflict Resolution, accessed April 6, 2010.
- Board of Governors, Centre for Conflict Resolution, accessed April 6, 2010.
- Funding, Centre for Conflict Resolution, accessed April 6, 2010.
- Gen. Arnold Quainoo urges gov’t to set up early warning system, Ghanian Journal, accessed August 14, 2007.