Barrick Gold Corporation
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Barrick "[I]s a leading international gold mining company, with a portfolio of 27 operating mines and seven advanced exploration and development projects located across five continents, and a large land position on the world’s best exploration belts... The Company has... completed the construction of the Tulawaka, Lagunas Norte and Veladero mines in 2005, and the Cowal mine in early 2006." 
Access the Barrick Gold Corporation's corporate rap sheet compiled and written by Good Jobs First here.
- Mark Bristow - CEO
- 1 Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
- 2 Management
- 3 Board
- 4 Industry Association Affiliations
- 5 Barrick’s Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory Board
- 6 Publications
- 7 Contact
- 8 Resources and articles
- 9 External links
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
Barrick own 75% of the Porgera Joint Venture in Papua New Guinea.
For a detailed critical examination of the Barrick Gold's board members see Mining in the Ituri Province of the Congo-A Contemporary Profile.
For critical resources see http://protestbarrick.net
Accessed April 2013: 
- Peter Munk - Founder & Chairman of the Board
- Jamie C. Sokalsky - President & Chief Executive Officer
- Kelvin Dushnisky - Senior Executive Vice President
- Igor Gonzales - Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Ammar Al-Joundi - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Sybil Veenman - Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Don Ritz - Senior Vice President, Safety & Leadership
- Rob Krcmarov - Senior Vice President, Global Exploration
- Rick McCreary - Senior Vice President, Corporate Development
- Ivan Mullany - Senior Vice President, Capital Projects
Accessed April 2013: 
- Howard L. Beck, C. William D. Birchall, Donald J. Carty, Gustavo A. Cisneros, Robert M. Franklin, J. Brett Harvey, Dambisa Moyo, Brian Mulroney, Anthony Munk, Peter Munk, Steven J. Shapiro, Jamie C. Sokalsky, John L. Thornton
- Howard L. Beck, Q.C.
- C. William D. Birchall - Vice Chairman and Director,
- Donald J. Carty - the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AMR Corp. and American Airlines from 1998 to 2003.
- Gustavo Cisneros - Head of the Cisneros Group
- Marshall A. Cohen, O.C. - Counsel, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Peter A. Crossgrove
- John W. Crow - President, J&R Crow Inc.
- Peter C. Godsoe, O.C.
- Robert M. Franklin (Signalta) - President, Signalta Capital Corporation - From 1993 to January 2006, Mr. Franklin was the Non-Executive Chairman of Placer Dome Inc.
- J. Brett Harvey - President and Chief Executive Officer, CONSOL Energy Inc.
- Angus A. MacNaughton - President, Genstar Investment Corporation
- The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, P.C., LL.D. - Senior Partner, Ogilvy Renault
- Anthony Munk - Managing Director, Onex Corporation
- Peter Munk, O.C. - Chairman, Barrick Gold Corporation - Mr. Munk is the founder and Chairman of the Board of Barrick Gold Corporation. He is also the founder and Chairman of Trizec Properties, Inc.
- Joseph L. Rotman, O.C. - Chairman, Roy-L Capital Corporation
- Steven J. Shapiro - Executive Vice President, Finance and Corporate Development, Burlington Resources Inc.
- Gregory C. Wilkins - President and Chief Executive Officer, Barrick Gold Corporation
- Vincent Borg, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications
Industry Association Affiliations
Barrick’s Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory Board
"Barrick’s Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory Board was formed in 2012 and acts as an external sounding board on a range of corporate responsibility issues, including community relations, sustainable development, water, energy, climate change, security and human rights." 
- 2005 Annual Report (Pdf)
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Paul Melnuk - former ceo
- Allan Schoening
- Neil MacLachlan
- Stephen Dattels
- Alex Davidson - former executive vice president
- Tye Burt - former vice chair
- Critical Articles
- Placer Dome
- Jack E. Thompson - former vice chair
- Homestake Mining
- Munk School of Global Affairs
- Stephen A. Lang - former vice president
- Ron Colquhoun
- Neil Hillhouse
- Nathaniel Rothschild
- Alan Hill
- George Bee
- Werner Klemens
- Gregory A. Lang
- Ian Watson (Institute of Noetic Sciences)
- Lumwana Mining Company - runs the largest copper mine in Africa
- Michael Farrant
- Everton Resources
- Sodexo - subcontractor
- Catherine Boggs
- Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research, project of the Environmental Working Group, Information on American Legislative Exchange Council, archived organizational profile, archived by Wayback Machine December 2, 2000, accessed August 19, 2011
- Barrick Gold Management, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2013.
- Barrick Gold Board, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2013.
- Barrick Gold CSR, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2013.
- Richard Rohmer, The Golden Phoenix: A Biography of Peter Munk (Toronto, ON: Key Porter Books, 1997).
- Natalie Kent and Sandra Reidenbach, "What is the real price of gold? Case Study: Lake Cowal", UTS Journalism, 2004.
- "Barrick Gold in the news", www.savelakecowal.org, No date.
- "Barrick Gold in the news 2005 to current", www.rainforestinfo.org.au, Accessed June 2006.
- Annon, "Barrick Gold: Planned Environmental Catastrophe in the Andean Cordillera", Center for Research on Globalization, 21 May 2006.