Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
"Edinburgh Zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park are owned by The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland." 
"In 2009, RZSS was chosen to become the official Secretariat for the UK National Committee of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)." 
RZSS Executive Board
Accessed June 2010: 
- Donald Emslie, Chair of Executive Board - Former Chief Executive of Scottish Media Group, Chairman of The Royal Lyceum Theatre and Member of the Scottish Arts Council & Scottish Screen
- Max Guant, Honorary Treasurer - Chief Executive of RGA, Scotland's leading management consultancy in the leisure, tourism and cultural industries. Former Finance Director for Gleneagles Hotels plc. Chartered Accountant and Certified Management Consultant.
- Henry Elliot – Vice President and Board Member - Marketing and Business Development within the computer software industry. Served as interim Chief Executive of the Society during 2001/2.
- Karen Carlton - Commissioner for Public Appointments in Scotland, the regulator responsible for ensuring that Scottish Ministers adhere to procedures on appointments to public bodies such as Scottish Enterprise. Former Director of Investors in People Scotland.
- Jane Fraser, Board Member - Lawyer working with a variety of clients including charitable organisations. Jane has an extremely varied practice acting for a wide variety of clients, including a number of charitable organisations.
- Colin Galbraith, Board Member - Director - Policy & Advice at Scottish Natural Heritage
- David Taylor, Board Member - Professor of Veterinary Bacteriology and Public Health in the University of Glasgow Veterinary School and is currently Head of the Division of Animal Production and Public Health.
- Manus Fullerton, Board Member - A well respected and highly successful senior banker with a board experience base in international, wholesale and retail banking markets. Manus has held various banking positions in his career with Lloyds TSB Scotland.
- Colin Macandrew, Board Member - Professional Adviser with Learning and Teaching Scotland. LT Scotland is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Scottish Executive Education Department with a remit to review, evaluate and support developments in learning.
- Tom Mitchell - Director, Assurance & Risk Services of Mazars, an international advisory and accountancy group.
- Christine Patch, Board Member - Corporate communications specialist currently Head of Communications at NHS Education for Scotland.