(Redirected from Robert Swann)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Bob Swann (died in 2003) wiki Essays His autobiography is titled Peace, Civil Rights, and the Search for Community.
"In January 2003, Bob Swann’s spirit passed from the world he worked to ease towards economic justice and peace. At a commemoration in Massachusetts at his E.F. Schumacher Society, the late religious philosopher Thomas Berry commented of Swann: “He was among the noblest persons I have ever known”." 
His life partner was Susan Witt. His first wife was Marjorie Swann Edwin.
- Cofounder, Institute for Community Economics
- Cofounder, E.F. Schumacher Society
- Stephanie Mills, On Gandhi’s Path: Bob Swann’s Work for Peace and Community Economics (New Society Publishers, 2010). Review
- The Economics of Peace originally published in The Catholic Worker.
- The Community Land Trust: A Guide to the New Model for Land Tenure in America with Shimon Gottschalk, Erick Hansch, and Edward Webster. 1972.
- Building Sustainable Communities: Tools and Concepts for Self-Reliant Economic Change with C. George Benello and Shann Turnbull, edited by Ward Morehouse. New York City, NY: The Bootstrap Press. First Edition 1989, Second Edition 1997.
- Peace, Civil Rights, and the Search for Community: An Autobiography
- The Community Land Trust Handbook, authored by the Institute for Community Economics and published by Rodale Press in 1982.
- Street of Hope: The Fall and Rise of an Urban Neighborhood, authored by Peter Medoff and Holly Sklar and published by South End Press in 1994
Resources and articles
- The Other Economic Summit USA
- Marjorie Swann Edwin
- Gloucestershire Land For People
- Community land trust
- Harriet Barlow
- John McClaughry
- ↑ Resurgence A Stellar Life, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.