Phase Line Strategies
Phase Line Strategies is a Highlands Ranch, Colorado-based Republican political consulting, public relations, lobbying, media advocacy and grassroots organizing firm. Phase Line was founded in 2002, and assisted with the re-election effort of then-Colorado Governor Bill Owens. Phase Line also assisted an effort by beer magnate Peter Coors to run for Senate.
The president of Phase Line is Sean Tonner, who, according to RealVail.com (a Vail, Colorado news web site), "has a lengthy track record of working behind the scenes for oil and gas companies on political campaigns. Last April he registered as a Virginia corporation the Western Skies Coalition, which amassed a massive campaign war chest to back energy-friendly state Senate candidates and to combat severance tax increases on the ballot."
- Monica Owens, daughter of former Republican Colorado Governor Bill Owens
- Barb Card, a former senior advisor to former Colorado Governor Bill Owens
- Brett J. Ford, former Vice President of Sales at Transamerica Capital Inc., Lincoln Financial Distributors and Fidelity Investments in their Private Clients group in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Dan Hopkins, former Deputy Chief of Staff and Director of Communications for former Colorado Governor Bill Owens. He served part of Owens' senior staff from December, 2001 through January, 2007.
- Matt Booth, a realtor
- Jessica Leyba, former Senior Scheduler to former Colorado Governor Bill Owens.
- Former Colorado Governor Bill Owens
- Colorado Attorney General John Suthers
- Colorado Republican State Senator Josh Penry
- Colorado State Representative Rob Witwer
- Pete Coors for U.S. Senate
- Former Colorado Republican U.S. Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell
- The Colorado Republican Party
- Former Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman for Congress
- the Western Skies Coalition
Related Sourcewatch resources
- Jessica Fender McInnis voicemail raises campaign law questions Denver Post, Politics West, April 30, 2009. (Discusses former Republican Congressman Scott McInnis retaining Sean Tonner of Phase Line Strategies to assist with McInnis' planned 2010 run for Governor. McInnis reportedly said in a telephone recording that "Sean's doing our ... ah 527."
- Phase Line Strategies Web site Campaign Management and Political Consulting], accessed Mary 1, 2009
- David O. Williams The answer for Vail Resorts can't just be blowin' in the wind. April 30, 2009
- Phase Line Strategies Team profiles, accessed May 1, 2009