Involvement with the Toxic Sludge Industry
Support for the US Composting Council
The US Composting Council (USCC) is a front group for dumping sewage sludge onto gardens and farms. It sponsors the ironically titled International Compost Awareness Week; the irony is that the buyer of compost is not "aware" that USCC their seal on sewage sludge-derived "compost." It describes itself as a national trade and professional organization with over 600 members including Synagro, compost manufacturers, local government, equipment suppliers and others. It promotes "compost" manufactured with sewage sludge. As a promoter of "biosolids," the sludge industry PR term for sewage sludge dumped on farms and gardens, it works closely with BioCycle magazine, Water Environment Federation, Kellogg Garden Products, and other promoters of growing food in sewage sludge.
Support for BioCycle Magazine
Novamont was an exhibitor at and sponsor of the 2011 BioCycle 11th Annual Conference on "Renewable Energy from Organics Recycling." BioCycle Magazine is a publication serving the interests of the sewage sludge industry.
Novamont North America, Inc.
107 Mill Plain Rd # 300
Danbury, CT 06811-6100
Press Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Contact Form: http://www.novamont.com/default.asp?id=935
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Novamont, Company Profile, corporate website, accessed November 8, 2011
- Novamont, Novamont expands its presence in North America, press release, January 24, 2011
- US Composting Council, , trade group website (subscription required), accessed November 8, 2011
- "USCC - Letter of Support for SFPUC's Biosolids Compost Program"
- BioCycle, Exhibitor Directory, publisher's website, accessed November 3, 2011
- BioCycle, 11th Annual Conference on Renewable Energy from Organics Recycling 2011, schedule and sponsors, accessed November 8, 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|