National Grid Transco Plc
National Grid Transco is a privatised electricity and gas company. On 27th July 2005 National Grid Transco plc changed its name to National Grid plc.
"National Grid Transco plc is an international energy delivery business, whose principal activities are in the regulated electricity and gas industries. In the UK we own and operate the high-voltage electricity transmission network in England and Wales, and Britain's natural gas transportation system. In the US we are one of the top ten electricity companies, with the largest electricity transmission and distribution network in the New England/New York region."
They also operate a gas distribution network in New York. Other electricity interests include interconnectors in the UK, US and Australia, and joint venture transmission networks in Argentina and Zambia.
It was formed as a merger of National Grid and Lattice. Lattice was the holding company of Transco (gas transport network in the UK, formerly British Gas). The lattice group was demerged from BG Group in 2000. National Grid owned the privatised UK electricity network.
- Sir John Parker -Chairman
- James Ross -Deputy Chairman
- Roger Urwin -Group Chief Executive
- Edward Astle -Group Director
- Steve Holliday -Group Director
- Steve Lucas -Group Finance Director
- Rick Sergel -Group Director
- Nick Winser -Group Director
- John Grant -Non-executive Director
- Kenneth Harvey -Non-executive Director
- Paul Joskow -Non-executive Director
- Stephen Pettit -Non-executive Director
- George Rose -Non-executive Director
- Maria Richter -Non-executive Director