Matthew R. Simmons
- "He graduated cum laude from the University of Utah and received a Masters degree with distinction in Business Administration from Harvard Business School. He then served on the faculty as a research associate for two years. In 1974, he founded Simmons & Company International. He is past Chairman of the National Ocean Industries Association and a trustee of the Farnsworth Art Museum in Maine. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Associates - Harvard Business School and past President of the Harvard Business School Alumni Association. He serves as a Board Member of Kerr-McGee Corporation, Brown-Forman Corporation, the Center for Houstons Future, Houston Technology Center, ICIC and The Atlantic Council of The United States of America. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations." Source: Global Media.
- "Simmons is the CEO of the world’s largest energy investment bank, Simmons & Company International. Simmons’ clients include Halliburton; Baker & Botts, LLP; Dynegy; Kerr-McGee and the World Bank and he is a close pal of George W. Bush." 
"I don’t think there is [a solution to the energy shortage]. The solution is to pray. Pray for mild weather and a mild winter. Pray for no hurricanes and to stop the erosion of natural gas supplies. Under the best of circumstances, if all prayers are answered there will be no crisis for maybe two years. After that it’s a certainty." --Simmons, 2003.
- Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy, Wiley (May 27, 2005) ISBN 047173876X.
- Simmons & Company International: Recent speeches and papers presented by Matthew R. Simmons.
- Matt Simmons' articles, lectures & interviews, Global Public Media website.
- Matthew R. Simmons, "Revealing Statements from a Bush Insider about Peak Oil and Natural Gas Depletion," From the Wilderness, June 12, 2003.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Directors, Resources for the Future, accessed October 3, 2008.