John Allan Peschong is a "onetime senior" Republican National Committee (RNC) official who joined Meridian Pacific, Inc.  in 2005, "after seven years as the Western States Director for the RNC." 
His 2004 RNC profile stated that Peschong was Northwestern Regional Political Director (CA, NV, ID, WA, OR, AK, HI and terrs.), a position which he had held since 1998. "Previously served as Executive Director of Dan Quayle's PAC, Campaign America, 1997-98. Executive Director of the California Republican Party, 1994-97. Other experience includes press secretary to a U.S. Senate candidate, partner in a PR firm, White House Office of Communications during the Reagan Administration, Commission on the Bicentennial of the United States Constitution, RNC, Fund for America's Future (a PAC). Peschong is a 1984 graduate of Loyola Marymount University."
- Political Director, The New Majority (California) 
- Former campaign manager to Bill Simon Jr., Republican California gubernatorial nominee in 2002 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Expenditures in 2004 Election Cycle to John Peschong, Open Secrets: Republican Party and Republican National Committee.
- Robert Novak, "Bush and Business," Townhall.com, June 22, 2002.
- Daryl Kahn, "Anti-Bush Protester on Trial for RNC Convention Action," Newsday (Common Dreams), June 25, 2005.
- Cosmo Garvin, "'Outrageous, unethical and unacceptable'. PG&E’s consultant is accused of pilfering documents in San Joaquin’s public-power fight--by PG&E," SN&R News Review, September 22, 2005.
- Justin Rood, "New GOP Attack Group Used Ad Firm with Party Ties," TPM Muckraker, September 14, 2006.