John Peers was elected as a member of Clarence City Council on Hobart's eastern shore in 1988. In July 2009 he nominated as a candidate for the Legislative Council seat of Pembroke. (See Pembroke by-election 2009 for more details).
Role on Clarence Council
The Clarence City Council lists Peers as being a council representative on:
- Committee of Management of Business East Inc (Proxy Observer)
- Geilston Bay Community Centre Management Committee
- Hobart Airport Consultative Committee
- Lindisfarne Citizens Activities Centre Management Committee
- Richmond Advisory Committee
- Risdon Vale Community Centre Management Committee
PO Box 11
Lindisfarne TAS 7015
Phone/fax: 03 6243 7914
Mobile: 0419 309 220
Email: peersccc AT netspace.net.au
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Allison Ritchie nepotism controversy
- David Bartlett
- Paul Lennon
- Tasmanian politics 2008
- Tasmanian politics 2009
- "Alderman John Peers", accessed July 2009.
- William Bowe, "Pembroke by-election: August 1", The Poll Bludger (Blog), July 1, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|