John P. Mackey
John P. Mackey, co-founder of Whole Foods Market "has served as Chief Executive Officer since 1980. Mr. Mackey also served as President from June 2001 to October 2004, and as Chairman of the Board from 1978 to December 2009. As the company's visionary, he has led the development of many innovative programs such as the $10 million in low-interest loans to local farmers and food producers to help them expand their businesses, the Whole Planet Foundation whose mission is to help end poverty in developing nations with micro credit, a welfare rating system that improves the welfare of food animals, and a labeling system that creates transparency of seafood sustainability... An active promoter of a new business paradigm termed "Conscious Capitalism," he is also co-founder of a non-profit organization of that name. "
"John is a strong believer in Libertarian and free market principles, and empowerment management. ... He and his wife, Deborah, both practice meditation and yoga and spend as much time as they can on their 720-acre ranch just west of Austin. " 
- Co-chair, Center for World Spirituality 
- Director, Institute for Cultural Evolution 
- Winner of the 2010 National Health Federation award 
Resources and articles
- Whole Foods Market Board, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2012.
- Whole Planet Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2012.
- Center for World Spirituality Board of Trustees, organizational web page, accessed April 22, 2013.
- Institute for Cultural Evolution Board, organizational web page, accessed April 5, 2018.
- National Health Federation Health Freedom Heroes, organizational web page, accessed July 20, 2013.