Institute of International Education
The Institute of International Education
"An independent nonprofit founded in 1919, IIE is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations. We are committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors, and donors." 
- Founding President - Stephen P. Duggan
"IIE manages over 250 programs. Sponsors include the:
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Energy
- World Bank
- Cisco Learning Institute
- Ford Foundation
- Freeman Foundation
- GE Foundation
- Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Governments of Brazil, Chile, Japan and Spain Levi Strauss Foundation
- Lucent Technologies Foundation
- MacArthur Foundation
- Packard Foundation
- AIG Foundation
- Chairman - Thomas S. Johnson - Chairman and CEO, GreenPoint Bank
- Chairman Emeritus - Henry Kaufman - President, Henry Kaufman & Company, Inc.
- President And Chief Executive Officer - Allan E. Goodman - Institute of International Education
- Vice Chairperson - Ruth Hinerfeld
- Vice Chairperson - Henry G. Jarecki - Chairman, Board of Directors, The Falconwood Corporation
- Chairman, Executive Committee - Thomas A. Russo - Vice Chairman and Chief Legal Officer, Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Treasurer - Henrik N. Vanderlip - Chairman, Viking Capital Partners
- Mark A. Angelson - Chief Executive Officer, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company
- Maryam Ansary
- Lee Bollinger - President, Columbia University
- Maria Livanos Cattaui - Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce
- Richard A. Debs - Advisory Director, Morgan Stanley
- John DiBiaggio
- Robert L. Dilenschneider - Principal, The Dilenschneider Group Inc.
- Howard Dodson - Chief, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture of the New York Public Library
- George J. Donnelly - President and CEO, San Jacinto Museum of History
- Stephen C. Francis - Vice Chairman, Fischer Francis Trees & Watts Inc.
- Victor J. Goldberg
- Peter M. Gottsegen - Senior Principal, CAI
- Jack M. Greenberg - Chicago, Illinois
- Karen A. Holbrook - President, The Ohio State University
- Pamela Howard - Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, International Center for Journalists
- S.A. Ibrahim - Chief Executive Officer, Radian Group Inc.
- Julian Johnson - Senior Vice President for External Relations, Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
- Henry A. Kissinger - Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Inc.
- Joel I. Klein - Chancellor, New York City Schools
- E. Michel Kruse
- Benjamin F. Lenhardt, Jr.
- John W. Low - Counsel, Sherman & Howard L.L.C.
- Don Marshall - Vice President, Wells Fargo HSBC Trade Bank
- Raymond A. Mason - Chairman, President and CEO of Legg Mason, Inc.
- Donald McHenry - Distinguished Professor of Diplomacy and International Affairs, Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service
- Linda Meier
- Minoru Mori - President & CEO, Mori Building Company, Ltd.
- Karlheinz Muhr - Managing Director, Credit Suisse First Boston
- Diane J. Paton
- George Rupp - President, International Rescue Committee
- Frank Savage - Chief Executive Officer, Savage Holdings LLC
- John Sexton - President, New York University
- Peter R. Thompson - Vice President and CFO-Latin America, PepsiCo.
- Linda Vester - Anchor, Fox News Channel
- Joe L. Allbritton
- Letitia Baldrige
- John H. Barnard
- Richard I. Beattie
- Michel L. Besson
- Honorable Donald M. Blinken
- Albert H. Bowker
- Honorable Zbigniew Brzezinski
- Roy P.M. Carlson
- Peyton F. Carter
- John C. Cushman III
- Louis B. Cushman
- Carolyn H. Denham
- Honorable William H. Draper III
- James H. Evans
- J. Wayne Fredericks
- Robert Goheen
- Vartan Gregorian
- The Reverend Theodore M. Hesburgh
- Honorable Stephen Horn
- Johnston R. Livingston
- Peter L. Malkin
- Roderick A. McManigal
- Thomas M. Messer
- Robert L. Payton
- Honorable Edward J. Perkins
- Clifford V. Smith, Jr.
- Ralph H. Smuckler
- Donald M. Stewart
- Honorable Robert D. Stuart, Jr.
- Yuji Suzuki
- Alexander B. Trowbridge
- Web: http://www.iie.org
Resources and articles
- Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program
- Rodman Clark Rockefeller - former trustee
- Ella Fontanals-Cisneros