Hidden Leaf Foundation
"Hidden Leaf Foundation’s philanthropy is grounded in the belief that the worldview and practices of the dominant global society must undergo fundamental changes for humankind to pursue a more just, ecologically healthy, and compassionate society. We also believe that the work of manifesting inner wisdom in the outer world is an essential pathway for advancing such a life-affirming society. Thus, Hidden Leaf’s mission is to expand inner awareness within social change organizations in order to enhance the effectiveness of the progressive movement." 
"By “turning their gaze inward,” more and more social change organizations are developing wise and compassionate leaders, strengthening the health and sustainability of their organizations, forging effective coalitions, growing healthy movements and cultivating new ways of envisioning our society. Incorporating inner awareness practices into our work lives, reconnecting with our values and motivations, and creating more alignment between inner and outer work can result in radical transformation for those laboring to effect social change. For example, Social Justice Leadership works with grassroots leaders in New York City to develop practices that help them stay centered, focused and, therefore, more effective in all aspects of their lives. Asian Communities for Reproductive Justice uses a technology called Forward Stance which teaches participants to align with their core power, so that they can more effectively build collective power. Mindfulness practices help Forest Ethics’ staff engage productively with their would-be adversaries—rendering successful campaigns to protect millions of acres of old growth forest and the lives of those who depend on them...
Accessed June 2013: 
Grant Recipients Since the Year 2000
Accessed June 2013: 
- 1000 Leaders Project, Altars of Extinction, Boulder Institute for Nature and the Human Spirit, Canopy Planet, Capacitar, Center for Community Change, Center for Transformative Change, Center for Whole Communities, ChildSpirit, Contemplative Mind in Society, Deir Mar Musa, Earth Day at Ocean Song, East Bay Meditation Center, Energy Action Coalition, ForestEthics, GreenPeace, Integrative Activism, Joanna Macy DVD Project, Jobs with Justice New York, Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy, Miami Workers Center, Mobilize the Immigrant Vote, Movement Generation, Movement Strategy Center, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, National Domestic Workers Alliance, National People's Action, Northwest Earth Institute, On the Commons, Our Climate, Ourselves (Project of Sustainability Institute), Outward Bound, Partnership for Working Families, Rainforest Action Network, Rockwood Leadership Program, Satyana Institute, Seaflow, Seasons Fund for Social Transformation, Social Justice Leadership, Social Transformation Project, Spirit in Action, stone circles, Sustainability Leaders Network, Transformation: A Learning Community, Urban Peace Movement, Vision Youthz, Vitae Civilis, Whidbey Institute, YES!
Resources and articles
- Hidden Leaf Foundation Mission, organizational web page, accessed June 16, 2013.
- Hidden Leaf Foundation Overview, organizational web page, accessed June 16, 2013.
- Hidden Leaf Foundation Board, organizational web page, accessed June 16, 2013.
- Hidden Leaf Foundation Grant Recipients Since the Year 2000, organizational web page, accessed June 16, 2013.