Jump to navigation Jump to search
Board of Directors, World Affairs Council, accessed July 28, 2007.
Trustees, Johns Hopkins University, accessed February 16, 2010.
The Hon. Helmut Sonnenfeldt (Hal Sonnenfeldt) is a Guest Scholar in Foreign Policy Studies at the Brookings Institution.
- Director, Office of Research on the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, U.S. Department of State (1952-1969)
- Senior Staff Member, National Security Council (1969-1974)
- Counselor, U.S. Department of State (1974-1977)
- Member, Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee
- Member, American Committee for Peace in Chechnya
- Member, Committee for Peace and Security in the Gulf
- Member, Executive Committee, Balkan Action Committee
- Member, Executive Committee, International Institute for Strategic Studies (1988-1989)
- Member, Advisory Council, American Ditchley Foundation
- Member, Advisory Council, World Affairs Council, Washington, DC 
- Member, Advisory Council, The National Interest
- Visiting Scholar, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University
- Member, Advisory Board for The European Institute
- Emeritus Trustee, Johns Hopkins University 
- Helmut Sonnenfeldt, Brookings Institution profile.