HealthSouth is a large provider of rehabilitative health care. Based in Birmingham, Alabama, it has facilities located throughout the U.S. An investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into accounting fraud in 2003 led to the firing of its chairman and CEO Richard Scrushy. The company's stock was then delisted by the New York Stock Exchange. It has since been relisted and HealthSouth is hoping for a full recovery after the scandals. 
Key executives: 
- Jay Grinney, Chief Executive Officer
- John L. Workman, Chief Financial Officer
- John P. Whittington, General Counsel and Secretary
Selected HealthSouth board members: 
- Jon F. Hanson, Chairman of the Board of HealthSouth
- Edward A. Blechschmidt, Former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
- Donald L. Correll, President and Chief Executive Officer of American Water
- Yvonne M. Curl, Former Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Avaya, Inc.
- Charles M. Elson, Director of AutoZone, Inc.
1 HealthSouth Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35243
Related SourceWatch resources
- "Siegelman, Ex-Alabama Governor, CEO Convicted", CBS NEWS, June 29, 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|