Gloria Steinem "is a writer and consulting editor for Ms. Magazine, the international feminist bi-monthly that she founded in 1972. Her writing has appeared in numerous venues, including New York Magazine, a weekly Ms. Steinem helped to found in 1968 and for which she was political columnist. As an organizer, Ms. Steinem has helped to found the Women's Action Alliance; The National Women’s Political Caucus; and the Coalition of Labor Union Women. She is President of Voters for Choice and Founding President of the Ms. Foundation for Women, a national multi-racial women’s fund that supports grassroots projects to empower women and girls." 
- Cofounder, Women's Media Center 
- International Working and Advisory Group, Comparative Human Relations Initiative
- Citizen Activist Award Judge, Gleitsman Foundation
- Advisory Board, Our Bodies Ourselves 
- Advisory Board, Women's Voices. Women Vote
- UK Trustee, Equality Now 
- Advisory Board, Population Media Center 
- Legal Board, First Peoples Worldwide 
- International Advisory Board, Save Jeju Island 
- Carolyn G. Heilbrun, Education of a Woman: The Life of Gloria Steinem (Ballantine Books, 1996). (also see Carolyn G. Heilbrun, feminist in a tenured position)
- "Gloria Steinem", (Biographical note), Undated, Accessed July 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- About, Women's Media Center, accessed December 18, 2007.
- Board of Directors, Advisory Board Members, and Founders, Our Bodies Ourselves, accessed July 15, 2009.
- Directors, Equality Now, accessed August 30, 2008.
- Advisory Board, Population Media Center, accessed September 16, 2008.
- Directors, First Peoples Worldwide, accessed May 2, 2009.
- International Advisory Board, Save Jeju Island, accessed December 12, 2011.