Global Movement for Children
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Global Movement for Children (GMC) "is the world-wide movement of organisations and people - including children - uniting efforts to build a world fit for children."
- "Ten child rights organisations and networks are currently working together on a number of common initiatives in support of and as part of the Global Movement for Children. These are BRAC, CARE International, ENDA, Latin American and Caribbean Network for Children, NetAid, Oxfam, Plan, Save the Children, UNICEF, World Vision and the Alliance of Youth CEOs." 
Accessed September 2011: 
- Denis Caillaux, former Secretary General of CARE International, who worked for two decades with UNICEF, is also a member of the GMC Convening Committee and acts as the Secretary of the Board.
- Josephine Ouédraoga, Secretary General.
- Fabrizio Terenzio, Coordinator of Youth Action Team.
- Nigel Chapman, Chief Executive Officer.
- Nadya Kassam, Head of Global Advocacy
- Jorge Freyre, Coordinator.
- Elisabeth Dhalin, Secretary General of Save the Children Sweden;
- Bill Bell, Head of Child Protection, Save the Children UK
- Anthony Lake, Executive Director.
- Liza Barrie, Chief, Civil Society Partnerships
- Kevin Jenkins, President of World Vision International and chair of the GMC-Convening Committee.
- Corina Villacorta, Executive Advisor Child Rights,
- Charles Badenoch, Vice President, Advocacy and Justice for Children
- Web: http://www.gmfc.org
Resources and articles
- People, Global Movement for Children, accessed September 18, 2011.