Crescent Investment Management LLC
Crescent Investment Management LLC was founded and chaired by Mansoor Ijaz in 1991. Crescent Investment Management, "a New York investment [is] partnership between Ijaz, Lt. Gen. James Alan Abrahamson (USAF Ret), former director of President Ronald Reagan's Strategic Defense Initiative, and Turkey's Global Group. Former CIA Director R. James Woolsey, Jr. serves as vice chairman of Crescent's Board of Governors.
"Crescent specializes in the use of quantitative modeling techniques to manage investment portfolios. Crescent's MENARA family of funds, currently in formation, will focus on five strategic investment sectors: high technology, telecommunications, oil and gas investments, real estate acquisitions and infrastructure development. The firm is headquartered in New York with partner offices in London and Ankara." --Benador Associates' biography for Ijaz.
A search for Crescent Investment Management results in a wavering "picture" of what the firm actually "is" and "does." It is described as a:
- "New York-based hedge fund ... which focuses on national security technologies"; 
In 1997: Mansoor Ijaz "also acknowledged his commercial interests in effecting a reconciliation between the United States and Sudan. As chairman of Crescent Investment Management, a New York firm that he said handles a $ 2.7 billion investment portfolio--much of it on behalf of Middle East governments--Ijaz said he is particularly interested in new oil field development. Sudan, with moderate reserves estimated at 3.5 billion barrels, is expected to become a petroleum exporter soon and Ijaz said he hopes to manage some of Khartoum's foreign investment of oil profits."
- "The Crescent Investment Management Group, 202-637-9661 420 7th St NW Washington DC 20004." 
- "Crescent Investment Management LLC, New York, New York 10022." (cache file)
- "Crescent Investment Management LLC, 100 United Nations Plaza, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10017. GSM: +44.7717.333.137. Email: crescent AT crescentgroup.com." 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- "Enthusiastic Investor Response for the Privatisation of PTCL, Privitisation Commission, 2001: Crescent Investment Management LLC, USA, is listed as one out of eleven "enthusiastic investors".
- "Kececiler: Turkey should continue its good relations with Pakistan," Turkish Daily News, August 17, 2001: "Turk Telekom proposed an offer for the privatization tender of PTCL creating a consortium with Crescent Investment Management LLC, Trican Investment Fund LTD and Global A.S.."