"City Harvest is the product of common sense. In the early 1980s, a group of ordinary citizens became troubled by the large number of fellow New Yorkers who didn't have enough to eat. When they saw that local restaurants were discarding perfectly good food, these volunteers responded by enlisting friends and borrowing cars to transport the leftover food to where it was needed most. This idea led to the creation of City Harvest in 1982." 
The following foundations and organizations provide valuable support of our work feeding New York's hungry: Henry and Lucy Moses Fund, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation, New York Community Trust, New York Times Neediest Cases Fund, Robin Hood Foundation, Sol Goldman Charitable Trust, Starr Foundation, Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Vital Projects Fund, Walmart Foundation 
Accessed February 2013: 
- Chairman - James Kallman, Kallman Management Corp.
- Co-Vice Chairman - Heather Mnuchin
- Co-Vice Chairman - Eric Ripert, Le Bernardin
- Treasurer - Jeffrey L. Weiss
- Secretary - Joy Ingham
- Marjorie Sybul Adams, Carol Atkinson, Arthur F. Backal, Alex Berenson, Richard S. Berry, Benjamin Bram, Randy Brown, Matthew C. Bryant, Daniel J. Bumgardner, Dana B. Cowin, Misook Doolittle, J. Michael Evans, Gary Freilich, Tom Guba, Christine Hikawa, Stacy Hock, Anita Hoffman, Sharon H. Jacquet, Sujal Kapadia, Alan Katz, Pamela Kaufmann, David Kirchhoff, Bill Koenigsberg, Grace Koo, Kerrie D. MacPherson, Nicholas V. Mautone, Jr., Elizabeth W.Y. Moore, Marc Murphy, Victor Ozeri, Rachael Ray, Marcus Samuelsson, Rick J. Smilow, Robert M. Stein, Zubin Taraporevala, Katie Raskin Workman, Michael A. Young
- Immediate Past Chairman - Susan Marks, LSE Foundation
Resources and articles
- City Harvest About, organizational web page, accessed February 12, 2013.
- City Harvest Foundations, organizational web page, accessed February 12, 2013.
- City Harvest Corporate Supporters, organizational web page, accessed February 12, 2013.
- City Harvest Board, organizational web page, accessed February 12, 2013.