Citizens United Political Victory Fund
The Citizens United Political Victory Fund (CU-PVF) (FEC Committee ID: C00295527) describes itself as a political action committee "dedicated to electing conservatives in the mold of Ronald Reagan."
CU-PVF  filed its statement of organization with the Federal Election Commission on June 15, 1994. The organization cited Citizens United of Fairfax, Virginia, as an affiliated organization. Kevin Allen is listed as treasurer. The Fund is a "separate, segregated fund of Citizens United."
"Its mission is to support conservative candidates running for federal office who share Citizens United's vision of reducing the size and scope of government, lowering taxes, cutting spending, promoting traditional family values, and winning the war on terror. CUPVF's goal for the 2008 election cycle is to recapture the majorities in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives by electing candidates who will fight for conservative principles, and to elect a conservative president dedicated to leading the United States to victory in the war on terror."
The CU-PVF website is "[p]aid for by Citizens United Political Victory Fund and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Federal law prohibits CUPVF from soliciting donations from sources other than its members and executive or administrative personnel and their families. Contributions received from other sources will be returned to the donor. Contributions to CUPVF are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes."
"Reagan Republicans" blog
On February 13, 2007, Jonathan Rick of the American Conservative Union began posting the CU-PVF's "Reagan Republicans" Blogspot with "The Most Anti-Abortion, Pro-Choice President"—an entry about 2008 presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani.
1006 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20003
Phone: 202 547-1249
FAX: 202 547-5421
Resources and articles
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund website.
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund, Committee ID: C00295527, Federal Election Commission Disclosure Reports.
- No information regarding the identity of Kevin Allen has been located.
- Statement of Organization Form filed with the Federal Election Commission, June 15, 1994.
- Letter to Federal Election Commission, signed by Michael Boos, Citizens United Vice President and General Counsel, November 21, 2006.
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund website.
- Disclaimer on bottom of home page, Citizens United Political Victory Fund website.
- "Reagan Republicans" Blogspot.
- Jonthan Rick, "The Most Anti-Abortion, Pro-Choice President," Reagan Republicans Blogspot, February 13, 2007.
Political ads / campaigns
- Citizen United Political Victory Fund's YouTube page at www.youtube/user/citizensunited.
- "Dick Morris Discusses Cupvf's Wiretap Ad," Dabble.com: "Political strategist Dick Morris discusses the ad he produced with the Citizens United Political Victory Fund, on Hannity & Colmes, October 3, 2006." Duration: 06:10s. Also posted on YouTube, March 9, 2007.
- Sookietex, "Citizens United, Dick Morris, War on Terror Ad," Republican National Convention Blog NYC 2004, November 2, 2006. "To arrange an interview with Dick Morris or David Bossie, please contact Shirley & Banister Public Affairs..."
- "Why Conservatives Should Not Vote for John McCain," Dabble.com: "22-page dossier released by the Citizens United Political Victory Fund, as featured on the News with Brian Williams on March 1, 2007." Duration: 02:28s.
- "Why Conservatives Should Not Vote for John McCain," Dabble.com: "22-page dossier released by the Citizens United Political Victory Fund, as featured on the Live Desk with Martha MacCallum (Fox News) on March 1, 2007." Duration: 05:01s.
- "He’s No Ronald Reagan. Why Conservatives Should Not Vote For Rudy Giuliani," 30-page brochure produced by Citizens United Political Victory Fund, May 14, 2007.
Political campaign receipts and expenditures
- Candidate Contributions: 2003-2004 Campaign Cycle: Citizens United Political Victory Fund, Congress.org.
- 2006 Candidate Contributions: 2005-2006 Campaign Cycle: Citizens United Political Victory Fund, Congress.org.
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund Political Action Committee Campaign Contribution Details '06 Election Cycle, CampaignMoney.com.
- Citizens United 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets.
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund of DC (C00295527): PAC Contributions 2006 and Individual Contributions 2007, state-machine.org, accessed July 4, 2007.
- Citizens United Political Victory Fund Political Action Committee Campaign Contribution Details '08 Election Cycle, CampaignMoney.com.
- Amy Waldman, "The real blood sport: the Whitewater scandal machine," Washington Monthly (FindArticles.com), May 1996.
- Jim Kuhnhenn, "It can pay to follow the money trail," Associated Press (The Kansas City Star in The Regional Reporter Newsletter), November 1997. re John and Ruth Stauffer and Sam Brownback
- Press Release: "Compliance Cases Made Public," Federal Election Commission, April 14, 2000.
- Press Release: "New and Existing Campaign Finance Laws Violate Freedom Of The Press -- Lawsuit Filed Today Is Fundamental Challenge To Election Laws," Gun Owners of America, Inc., April 23, 2002.
- "Lawsuit Filed To Challenge Legitimacy of FEC," William J. Olson, P.C., Attorney at Law, April 23, 2002.
- Rick Bielke, "Another Brick In The Wall," The Daily DeLay Blogspot, March 10, 2006. re CU-PVF's Peter Cloeren
- Matthew Mosk, "Steele's Donor List Stirs Racial Questions. Those Who Offended Blacks Contribute," Washington Post, June 26, 2006.
- Press Release: "Maryland Democratic Party Calls On Steele to Return Money Raised With Producer of Willie Horton Ad. Maryland African-American Leaders Question Steele’s Credibility As a Result of Steele’s Divisive Supporters," Maryland Democratic Party, June 27, 2006.
- Monica Lewis, "Michael Steele’s Support from ‘Race-Baiting’ Political Figures Raises Eyebrows," BlackAmericaWeb.com, June 28, 2006.
- Cobb, "Some of His Best Friends Are White," strictly old school Blog, June 28, 2006.
- "GOP Slate -- Sans McCain -- Appeals To D.C. Conservatives," The Gate/National Journal, March 1, 2007.
- Matthew Continetti, "Scenes from the Gingrich Campaign. Don't rule out Newt in 2008," The Weekly Standard, March 19, 2007.
- Doug Bandow, "John McCain: Beyond the Fusionist Pale," The American Spectator, April 2, 2007.