Christiaan van Sumere
Christiaan Frans van Sumere, also known as Chris van Sumere, was born on February 10, 1929 in Beersel (Belgium).  He was the leader of a plantbiochemistry lab at the University of Ghent in Belgium (Rijksuniversiteit van Gent).  Van Sumere is mentioned in relation the 1977 honorary doctorate degree of the University of Ghent for Helmut Metzner  . Metzner later founded the European Academy for Environmental Affairs which organized together with the Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP) a conference in Leipzig in 1995 and another conferece in 1997. These conferences resulted in the Leipzig Declaration on Global Climate Change which Chris van Sumere signed in 1997.
In 2002 or 2003 he signed as 'emeritus hoogleraar' (Professor Emeritus) a petition in favor of spliting up a polling district. 
- J. B. Harborne, C. F. van Sumere, "The Chemistry and biochemistry of plant proteins", Academic Press, 1975, ISBN 0123246687
- Tony Swain, Jeffrey B. Harborne, Chris F. van Sumere, "Biochemistry of plant phenolics," Plenum Press, 1979, ISBN 0306400286
- C. F. van Sumere, P. J. Lea, "The Biochemistry of plant phenolics," Oxford Univiversity Press, 1985 ISBN 0198541708
- H.S.S. Sharma, C.F. Van Sumere, "The Biology and Processing of Flax," M. Publications, 1992, ISBN 0951996304
- "Publication list of Van Sumere, Chr.," Flanders Marine Institute