Bali Road Map
The Bali Road Map was adopted at a December 2007 conference in Bali, Indonesia by parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) and the Kyoto Protocol.
The UNFCC summarizes the "road map" as including "the Bali Action Plan, which charts the course for a new negotiating process designed to tackle climate change, with the aim of completing this by 2009. It also includes the AWG-KP negotiations and their 2009 deadline, the launch of the Adaptation Fund, the scope and content of the Article 9 review of the Kyoto Protocol, as well as decisions on technology transfer and on reducing emissions from deforestation".
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Bali Action Plan and climate change negotiations
- Accra Climate Change Talks 2008
- Clean Development Mechanism
- Emissions Trading
- Joint Implementation
- Kyoto Protocol
- Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, "The United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bali", United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change website, accessed September 2008.
- WWF, "Bali Launches Climate Negotiations but is Weak on Substance", Media Release, December 15, 2007.
- Mario D'Souza, "UNFCCC meet fails to secure emission commitments", Down To Earth (India), Society for Environmental Communications, December 14, 2007.
- Greenpeace International, "Backgrounder on Bali agreements, 15 December 2007", Greenpeace International, December 17, 2007.
- Yifat Susskind and Diana Duarte, "New Year, No Resolutions on Climate Change", MADRE, December 18, 2008.
- Marwaan Macan-Markar, "Development: NGOs Regroup Around Climate Change After Bali", Inter-Press Service, December 18, 2007.
- Hermann E. Ott, Wolfgang Stert, Rie Watanabe (Wuppertal Institute), "The Bali Roadmap: new horizons for global climate policy", Climate Policy, Number 8, 2008, pp. 91-95. (Pdf)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|