Alan Vaughan died in 2001.
Jeffrey Mishlove writes: "I first met Alan in 1973 at the annual convention of the Parapsychological Association in Charlottesville, Virginia. There he presented a number of papers of his original research. He was in the unique position of being both a respected psychic and a researcher, a noted author and the editor (at that time) of Psychic magazine.
"Later, when he was invited by Arthur M. Young (inventor of the Bell helicopter) to teach a course on psychic development at the Institute for the Study of Consciousness in Berkeley (where I was then living), we became close friends and colleagues...
"His unique abilities touched many people. Weston Agor, the founder of the Intuition Network, has written about how Alan predicted changes in Weston's own life that ultimately led to the founding of the Network. Physicist Fred Alan Wolf also had a reading from Alan at a seminal time in his life. It accurately forecast the exciting new directions that his career would take.
"Alan actually created the nonprofit foundation now known as the Intuition Network. Originally, he called it the New Ways of Consciousness Foundation. In that sense, he deserves to be remembered as one of the founders of the Intuition Network, of which I am the director.
"His books include several classics, especially Dream Telepathy, Patterns of Prophecy, and Incredible Coincidences. Alan coauthored the often-cited book Dream Telepathy with Stanley Krippner and Montague Ullman. He served as a successful psychic in the monumental research study they had conducted at Maimonides Medical Center of Brooklyn..."  He adds: "An excellent obituary of Vaughan, written by Stephan A. Schwartz, has been published in the June 2001 issue of the Journal of Parapsychology."
- Vaughan, A., & Bolen, J. (1972). Psychics. New York: Harper and Row.
- Vaughan, A. (1973). Patterns of Prophecy. New York: Hawthorn Books.
- Vaughan, A. (1979). Incredible Coincidence: The Baffling World of Synchronicity. Philadelphia: Lippincott. (Reprinted by Ballantine Books, New York, 1989.)
- Vaughan, A. (1982). The Edge of Tomorrow: How to Foresee and Fulfill Your Future. New York: Coward, McCann and Geoghegan.
- Ullman, M., & Stanley Krippner, with Vaughan, A. (1989). Dream Telepathy: Experiments in Nocturnal ESP (2nd ed.). Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- Vaughan, A. (1991). The Power of Positive Prophecy: How to Envision and Create Your Best Future. London: Harper Collins.
Resources and articles
- Pam Coronado - student
- ↑ intuition A Tribute to Alan Vaughan, organizational web page, accessed July 24, 2013.