Yossi (Joseph) Alpher (born in Washington D.C. and moved to Israel in 1964) a former senior Mossad official, is an Israeli strategic analyst. He is a former director of the Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies at Tel Aviv University. He "is a writer and consultant on regional strategic issues, and director of the Political Security Domain (PSD), an independent NGO. He has served as director and acting head of the Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies, Tel Aviv University; as director of the American Jewish Committee's Israel/Middle East Office in Jerusalem; and as a senior official in the Mossad. While at the Jaffee Center, he coordinated and coedited the JCSS research project on options for a Palestinian settlement, and produced "The Alpher Plan" for an Israeli-Palestinian final settlement. Since 1992, he has coordinated several Track II dialogues between Israelis and Arabs. In July 2000 he served as special adviser to the prime minister of Israel, concentrating on the Israeli-Palestinian peace process." 
- Mossad – former senior officer
- Political Security Domain
- American Jewish Committee
- BitterLemons.org – Israeli editor
- Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies – former director
- Yossi Alpher, And the Wolf Shall Dwell with the Wolf: the Settlers and the Palestinians (HaKibbutz Hameuchad, Hebrew), 2002.
- BitterLemons: About: Yossi Alpher (Accesse: 4 November 2011)