Dr. Yehudah Paz "is the founder and Chairmen of the Negev Institute for Strategies of Peace and Development.
"He was born in New York in 1930 and immigrated to Israel in 1950. In 1951 he was one of the founders of Kibbutz Kissufim in the Negev. Yehudah has served in many leadership, managerial, and educational positions in the kibbutz. He has a B.Sc. in Economics, an M.Sc. in Sociology and a Ph.D. in Social Philosophy. Dr Paz studied at Columbia University, University of London; and the Jewish Teachers Institute "Among Yehudah’s many activities and positions are the following: 
- 1958 – 1960 Lecturer, member of directorate – Efal Education and Research Institute, United Kibbutz Movement
- 1963 – 1967 Teacher and Principal (headmaster) – Kibbutz Kissufim school
- 1967 – 1969 Director – general, Youth and Hechalutz Department, Jewish Agency
- 1969 – 1971 Chairperson, Division of Higher Education, Culture and Information, United Kibbutz Movement
- 1973 – 1975 Deputy Director, Acting Director, Van Leer Jerusalem Institute
- 1975 – 1979 Principal (Headmaster), Maale Habesor Regional Secondary School
- 1980 – 1992 Director and Principal, International Institute for Development, Labor and Cooperative Studies (Afro-Asian Institute)
- 1993 – 1997 Director and Principal, International Institute (incorporating the Afro-Asian Institute, the Latin-American Center for Labor and Cooperative Studies and the Institute for Central and Eastern Europe)
Resources and articles
- Yehudah Paz, Negev Institute for Strategies of Peace and Development, accessed May 31, 2010.