Western Majority Project
The Western Majority Project (WMP), a federally registered political action committee, was founded in early 2007 "to build upon the growing political strength of the West by injecting Western issues into the national dialogue and highlight the common sense, forward looking, independent values of Western voters." 
"WMP’s advisory council includes co-chairs Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, as well as Senators Ken Salazar, Colorado; Max Baucus, Montana; Jon Tester, Montana; and Jeff Bingaman, New Mexico and Governors Bill Ritter, Colorado; Brian Schweitzer, Montana; Bill Richardson, New Mexico." 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- "FOX News to Host August 2007 Democratic Debate in Reno," Nevada State Democratic Party, February 16, 2007.
- "Democratic hopefuls plan Aug. 14 debate," Las Vegas Review-Journal, February 17, 2007.
- Hugh Jackson, "Monolithic party organizations collide with powerful online influence, film at eleven," Las Vegas Gleaner, February 21, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "FOX News to air first Democratic presidential debate," AMERICAblog, February 21, 2007.
- Chris Bowers, "ACTION: Freeze Out Fox News," MyDD, February 21, 2007.