"In the years around 1920 three pioneers set about giving new form to the teaching and research activity on anthroposophical medicine which had existed for a number of years. In 1921 the doctor Ita Wegman (1876-1943) opened the Clinical and Therapeutic Institute in Arlesheim in Switzerland, a hospital using anthroposophical medicine for treating people who had fallen ill. The chemist Oskar Schmiedel (1887-1959), along with Dr. Wegman and Dr. Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), developed the first pharmaceutical products whose concept has formed the basis for Weleda's product philosophy to this day: the medicine should provide crucial stimuli for the body's own healing powers. " 
Web: http://www.weleda.co.uk Weleda UK Ltd, Heanor Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8DR
Resources and articles
- Paul Mackay -board member 
- Holistic Moms Network
- Jasper J. van Brakel
- Whole Planet Foundation 
- Bob Ballard - CEO of Weleda UK - replaced in early 2012 by Roger Barsby
- In December 2011 the CEO of the Swiss-based Weleda group of companies, Patrick Sirdey, was honoured by the French state with the National Order of Merit.
- British Association of Homeopathic Manufacturers
- Weleda History, organizational web page, accessed December 17, 2012.