Weight Watchers APPG
The Weight Watchers Group exists 'to promote the long-term benefits to health of gradual weight loss, healthy eating and exercise; to provide members with the opportunity to be weighed on a regular basis; and to provide a forum for non-partisan discussions on dietary issues'
- Chair: Bruce George MP(Lab)
- Jointvicechair: Baroness Fookes (Con)
- Jointvicechair: Bob Russell MP (LD)
- Contact: Ms Natalie Whatford , c/o Bruce George MP, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 4049
The registration and meeting fees usually charged by Weight Watchers are waived for members of the group. This equates to a saving of approximately £171 per member per year. Weight Watchers (UK) Ltd provides a 'leader' to weigh members and also meets the cost of distributing necessary literature.
Other SourceWatch resources
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)