W. Paul Bowers
W. Paul Bowers was appointed Chief Executive Officer, President, and Director of Georgia Power on December 31, 2010 and Chief Operating Officer of Georgia Power from August 13, 2010 to December 31, 2010.
He previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Southern Company from February 2008 to August 12, 2010. He also served as Executive Vice President of Southern Company from May 2007 to February 2008 and as President of Southern Company Generation, a business unit of Southern Company, and Executive Vice President of SCS from May 2001 through January 2008. 
The appointments and the retirement of Bowers predecessor, Michael D. Garrett, were announced in November, 2020.
Bowers' theme in talks to Rotary Clubs and other civic groups has been stability in the energy industry and the need to make sure utilities have several types of “arrows in the quiver.” 
- Forbes Profile: W. Paul Bowers" Forbes magazine, March 2011.
- Margaret Newkirk, "New CEO at Georgia Power" Atlanta Journal and Constitution, Nov. 17, 2010.
- Adam Van Brimmer,"Georgia Power balancing energy sources given policy uncertainty" Savannah Morning News, Oct. 5, 2011.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- EPA Coal Plant Settlements
- Georgia and coal
- United States and coal
- Global warming
- Global Climate Science Communications Plan (1998)
- Robert Gehri