United States Marshals Service
The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is "the nation’s oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. ... It is the enforcement arm of the federal courts, and as such, it is involved in virtually every federal law enforcement initiative. ...
"Presidentially appointed U.S. marshals direct the activities of 94 Marshals Service district offices — one for each federal judicial district. A total of 3,067 deputy marshals form the backbone of the agency."
"The Marshals Service is the federal government’s primary agency for conducting fugitive investigations. The Marshals Service arrests more federal fugitives than all other law enforcement agencies combined. In fiscal 2005, the Marshals Service arrested more than 35,500 federal fugitives, clearing more than 38,500 felony warrants. Working with authorities at federal, state and local levels, Marshals Service-led task forces arrested 44,000 state and local fugitives, clearing 51,200 state and local felony warrants."
"The offices of U.S. Marshals and Deputy Marshal were created by the first Congress in the Judiciary Act of 1789, the same legislation that established the Federal judicial system. The Marshals were given extensive authority to support the federal courts within their judicial districts and to carry out all lawful orders issued by judges, Congress, or the president."
- Stacia Hylton, Director
- Chris Dudley, Deputy Director
- G. Auerbach, Office of General Counsel
- T. Michael Earp, Associate Director, Operations
- Steven M. Mertens, Associate Director, Administration
- Michael Prout, Assistant Director, Office of Inspection
- Gerald Auerbach, General Counsel
- Darla Callaghan, Assistant Director, Human Resources
- Lisa Davis, Assistant Director, Information Technology
- Sylvester Jones, Assistant Director, Witness Security
- Albert Hemphill, Assistant Director, Financial Services
- William Fallon, Assistant Director, Training Division
- William Snelson, Assistant Director, Tactical Operations
- Shannon Brown, Assistant Director, Management Support Division
- Eben Morales, Assistant Director, Asset Forfeiture Division