United Bulk Terminal
The terminal is located on 1,134 acres (460 hectares) of land, at mile 55 on the Mississippi River south of New Orleans in Davant, Louisiana.
In 2014 environmental groups filed a federal lawsuit against United Bulk's coal export facility in Plaquemines Parish, alleging the facility is polluting the Mississippi River. The suit states that the United Bulk terminal annually ships 10 million tonnes of coal and petroleum coke to overseas markets.
However, in 2016 the terminal's capacity was still reported to be 10 mtpa.
- Owner: Marquard & Bahls
- Location: Davant, Louisiana
- Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 10
- Status: Operating
- Coal Source: Illinois
- "United Bulk Terminals Davant, LLC," Oil Tanking, accessed May 2015
- Benjamin Alexander-Bloch, "Environmental groups file lawsuit against coal export facility in Plaquemines Parish," NOLA, Mar 18, 2014
- "The Future of Coal: Gulf Coast Hums as Exports Rise," WSJ, Jan 8, 2014
- Sylvie Cornot-Gandolphe “US Coal Exports: The Long Road to Asian Markets,” Oxford OIES PAPER: CL 2, March 2015
- "Dry Bulk Handling," Marquard & Bahls, accessed March 2018