TrueMajority was a liberal advocacy organization in the U.S., founded by Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben and Jerry's. In 2007 it was merged into USAction and the name is no longer used.
It states on its website, "We started TrueMajority in order to compound the power of all those who believe in social justice, giving children a decent start in life, protecting the environment, and America working in cooperation with the world community." "It is a grassroots education and advocacy project of Priorities, Inc., a non-profit, non-partisan, tax-deductible, 501(c)(3) corporation." .
TrueMajorityAction, a project of the organization, organizes activists online.
USAction/TrueMajority "and our affiliates in 23 states join together to win social, racial and economic justice for all. We connect issues to elections and policy to politics. We seek to take our democracy back from the corporate elite and the well-heeled special interests that dominate the political process today." 
It says on its website, "After you register we will also send you e-mail alerts on critical issues. With one click of a button you can either send our suggested letters and petitions or edit them yourself (and we'll still send them for you.) You are always free not to participate in any specific issue or remove your name from our list. ... The 300,000 grassroots members of TrueMajorityAction speak out with calls, letters, marches and emails to end this war, and have a plan to prevent the next one by investing more in schools and healthcare instead of wasteful super-weapons."
According to the organization's website, "TrueMajority members have already donated more than $30,000 to help keep members of military families on the President's trail throughout the summer," with a goal of $100,000 to "push [its] campaign against the Iraq occupation to the next level, and really keep momentum in this country turning against this war."
- William McNary, President
- Deana Knutsen, Secretary-Treasurer
- Betty Ahrens, Vice President for Internal Affairs
- Heather Booth, Vice President
- John Cameron, Director of Political and Community Relations, AFSCME Council 31 (Illinois)
- Duane Peterson, Founder TrueMajority.org
- Khalid Pitts, Director of Political and Legislative Accountability, SEIU
- Marvin Randolph
- Vinod Seth, NDPeople.org
- Lonnie Thompson, Board Chair Florida Consumer Action Network
- Jo Ann Bowman, Vice President
- Nadine Smith, Action Council Representative
- Brad Lint, Political Committee Chair
- Bob Hudek
- Richard Kirsch
- Jackie Kendall
- Juan Marcos Vilar
- Jeff Blum, Executive Director Ex-Officio
- Brad Woodhouse, Communications Director. President of Americans United for Change, and listed as a press contact for Americans Against Escalation in Iraq
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- Communications Workers of America (CWA)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Funders of US Action
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Americans Against Escalation in Iraq
- peace movement
- Peace Vigil August 17, 2005
- Peace Vigil in Crawford, Texas
- SourceWatch Resources related to the peace movement
- John Stauber, The Progressive Movement is a PR Front for Rich Democrats, March 15, 2013, CounterPunch.
- "Ben Cohen, ice cream maven and TrueMajority founder, answers questions", Grist, June 14, 2004.
- Robert Greenwald, '"Enough Is Enough": Brave New Foundation, TrueMajority/USAction up the Ante in Fight to End Afghanistan War', The Huffington Post, June 9, 2010.
- The Oreo video, TrueMajority, accessed November 2010.