Trillium Corporate Communications
Trillium Corporate Communications describes itself as a "full-service Public Relations consulting firm specializing in media relations, communications training and corporate communications." It is based in Toronto, Canada, and was founded in 1997. 
Trillium helped promote an event with Greenpeace activist turned industry PR consultant Patrick Moore, at at The Canadian Club of Toronto on September 17, 2007. Trillium's press release said that Moore would host "a lively and engaging debate arguing that, much of the environmental movement, including Greenpeace, has lost its way when it comes to nuclear power, caught up in politically correct ideology and stooping to sensationalism to garner support." "In Ontario, CANDU nuclear energy is the greatest single contributor to carbon reduction relative to all other energy producing technologies," the announcement stated. The release listed Trillium's Laurie Weir and Josh Turner as contacts; the client was not clear.
However, a week earlier Weir and Turner had also been the contacts on another media alert promoting a September 13 visit to Toronto of Patrick Lamarre, the President & CEO of SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc., a member of Team CANDU, a coalition of nuclear engineering companies promoting the construction of new CANDU nuclear power plants. "Ontario's CANDU technology is ready to meet the global demands of the nuclear renaissance. And here at home, CANDU nuclear can play a major role as an innovative industry in a province facing major changes to its traditional manufacturing base.Ontario and the world are looking at CANDU nuclear technology to play a key role in providing future base load electrical supply," the release stated. 
From the firm's website: 
- Kevin Lennon
- Stephen Skidd
- Hugh Black
- Jane Forbes
- Stephanie Hurley
- Sophie Lambert
- Will Lamont
- Sue Lennon
- Carla Morin
- Melissa Pyper
- Josh Turner
- Laurie Weir
160 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, ON Canada
Tel: (416) 322-3030
Fax: (416) 322-5584
- Home page, Trillium Corporate Communications website, accessed September 17, 2007.
- "Our services: Media relations," Trillium Corporate Communications website, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Press release, "Greenpeace co-founder, Dr. Patrick Moore, urges acceptance for nuclear power as a sound and safe choice for energy consumers," September 14, 2007.
- "Team CANDU ... ready to meet Ontario's energy demands", Media Release, September 11, 2007.
- "The Trillium team," Trillium Corporate Communications website, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Press release, "Greenpeace co-founder, Dr. Patrick Moore, urges acceptance for nuclear power as a sound and safe choice for energy consumers," September 14, 2007. Distributed via CNW Group; the client is not clear. Laurie Weir and Josh Turner of Trillium are listed as contacts.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|