Talk:Susan B. Anthony List
The Susan B. Anthony List is an anti-abortion nonprofit (501(c)(4)) organization whose goal is to "ultimately end abortion." It operates by supporting anti-abortion candidates through the political action committee SBA List Candidate Fund.
According to forms filed with the IRS, the contributions to the organization totaled $5,740,480 in 2012. From 2010-2012, the organization received $1.4 million from Center for Patients' Rights, now known as American Encore - a secretive right-wing organization founded in part by the Koch brothers.
Charles Koch is the right-wing billionaire owner of Koch Industries. As one of the richest people in the world, he is a key funder of the right-wing infrastructure, including the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and the State Policy Network (SPN). In SourceWatch, key articles on Charles Koch and his late brother David include: Koch Brothers, Americans for Prosperity, Stand Together Chamber of Commerce, Stand Together, Koch Family Foundations, Koch Universities, and I360.
In its 2013 business plan, the Susan B. Anthony List announced that Virginia was going to be "a priority state for 2013" and proposed a "massive investment there, seeking to make Virginia a template for wider victories in the mid-terms elections in 2014." This campaign involved spending $1.5 million on the republican pro-life and anti-gay candidate Ken Cuccinelli, who lost the gubernatorial race to Democrat Terry McAuliffe. This loss notwithstanding, it seems likely that the organization will follow through on its original plan and spend more money than ever on anti-abortion candidates, while mounting increasing attacks on pro-choice candidates and Planned Parenthood, in strategic battleground states in the 2014 election cycle.
Accessed June 2014: 
- Marjorie Dannenfelser, President
- Jane Abraham, Chairman of the Board
- Emily Buchanan, Executive Vice President
- Amanda Robey, Vice President of Development
- Billy Valentine, Director of Policy & Programs
Susan B. Anthony List
1707 L St., NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20036
- Susan B. Anthony List, "SBA List Mission: Advancing, Mobilizing and Representing Pro-Life Women, organizational webpage, accessed June 27, 2014.
- Susan B. Anthony List, "Guide Star," W-990 for 2012.
- Susan B. Anthony List, "Conservative Transparency," financial data, accessed June 27, 2014.
- Prochoice America, "Susan B. Anthony List's Anti-Choice Machine," organizational report, May, 2013, accessed June 27, 2014.
- Terry O'Neill, "Organize and educate for women’s access to care," Politico, June 2, 2013, accessed June 27, 2014.
- Susan B. Anthony List, "Who We Are," organizational webpage, accessed June 27, 20014.