Talk:Diana L. Irey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Boilerplate .. by whom?
And you can find the following cross-posted on at least 30 blogs/forums. See Google search.
- Cliff, "Murtha," Tribe New Hampshire, June 21, 2006:
- Since 1995, John Murtha has voted 11 straight times in favor of raising his own pay. (CQ #648, #317, #435, #289, #300, #419, #267, #322, #463, #451, and #327)
- Murtha has voted multiple times to raid the social security trust fund to pay for government spending projects.
- Murtha has voted to make health care more expensive.
- Murtha voted against tax-free health savings accounts.
- Murtha voted to cut spending on our national security by $76 billion.
- Murtha voted in favor of instituting the draft!
- Murtha spoke out against the brave men and women who are defending our freedom by insisting that the Marines implicated in Haditha were guilty – before any trial – before we even knew whether the civilians died at American hands or the hands of insurgents.
- "Out of Touch," Irey.com web page: "After 32 years in Washington, John Murtha has become part of the problem. To name just a few examples:
- John Murtha – Wrong on Congressional Pay Raises. Since 1995, John Murtha has voted 11 straight times in favor of raising his own pay. (CQ #648, #317, #435, #289, #300, #419, #267, #322, #463, #451, and #327)
- John Murtha – Wrong on Spending. John Murtha has voted multiple times to raid the social security trust fund – the key to your retirement – to pay for wasteful government spending projects.
- John Murtha – Wrong on Health Care. John Murtha has voted to actually make your health care more expensive. He even voted against tax-free health savings accounts.
- John Murtha – Wrong on National Defense. John Murtha actually voted to cut spending on our national security by $76 billion. Then, he voted in favor of instituting the draft! And, perhaps most stunning of all, John Murtha spoke out against the brave men and women who are defending our freedom by calling for an immediate withdrawl of our troops from Iraq.
Irey is definitely not one of your original thinkers. Not surprised anymore Artificial Intelligence 12:45, 27 Jun 2006 (EDT)
What Irey allegedly said
- "Irey says Murtha has angered many members of the military with his unsubstantiated accusations of Marine atrocities in the Iraqi village of Haditha. Murtha 'declared as fact that some of our United States Marines had killed innocent civilians in cold blood,' Irey contends. 'He said that before a single Marine had been charged, before a single court martial had been convened, and before a single soldier had been convicted. And in doing this, he acted as prosecutor, judge, and jury before the evidence was in.' And Murtha has a long history of appeasement, the Pennsylvania official asserts. She says he told Ronald Reagan the U.S. had to pull out of Beirut and told Bill Clinton America had to pull out of Somalia, just as the congressman is now telling George W. Bush that the U.S. needs to pull out of Iraq. 'The way I see it is, Jack Murtha never saw a towel he didn't want to throw in,' Irey observes. She says she has been amazed at how many people want to see Murtha out of office. Irey notes that she has received financial support from every U.S. state and even from military service members in Iraq."—Chad Groening, American Family Association / American Family Radio bio.
What the record says
- Hkinglsey, "Murtha's Call Emulates Reagan in Lebanon," Daily Kos, June 19, 2006.