Sue Niederer of Hopewell, N.J., is a co-founding member of Gold Star Families for Peace. Sue's son, Lieutenant Seth J. Dvorin, 24, a member of the 101st Airborne Division, was killed in action (KIA) "while trying to defuse an IED" in Iraq, February 3, 2004. 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- "INDC Interviews "Military Families Speak Out" - Part Two," INDC Journal, July 1, 2004.
- "'They Lied And Deceived The Young And The Innocent' - Mother of Slain Soldier Blasts Iraq War After Disrupting Laura Bush Speech," Democracy Now!, September 20, 2004.
Articles & Commentary
- John Tradrea, "Fallen soldier's mother says her son 'died for absolutely nothing'," Hopewell Valley News (Not in Our Name Project), February 12, 2004.
- "Grieving Mom Heckles Laura Bush," CBS News/Associated Press, September 17, 2004.
- Adam Nichols, "Bust G.I.'s mom who raps Laura," New York Daily News, September 17, 2004.
- "Sue Niederer: 'President Bush, You Killed my Son'," s5000.com, September 18, 2004: "Secret Service and Hamilton Police forcibly removed Sue Niederer from a rally where Laura Bush made a campaign stop in New Jersey on Thursday. Sue Niederer was arrested by Hamilton Police and charged with defiant trespassing, even though she had a ticket to the rally."
- Jimmy Breslin, "A Key Question from a Slain GI's Mother," New York Newsday (Common Dreams), September 19, 2004.
- Chris Hedges, "Mourning the Warrior, and Questioning the War," New York Times, September 22, 2004.
- "Slain GI's Mom Camps In Crawford," CBS News/Associated Press, August 7, 2005. Click on interactive link "Moms on Warpath" to see photo of Sue Niederer and Cindy Sheehan at the March 4, 2004, anti-war rally in New York.