Stroud Common Wealth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"SCW has achieved national and local prominence by: 
- assisting with the successful development of The SPACE (Stroud's Arts Centre)
- enabling the community buyout of Fordhall Farm, Shropshire
- contributing to research with New Economics Foundation (NEF) and The University of Salford Community Finance Solutions, Capturing Value for Rural Communities (Countryside Agency 2005)
- setting up Gloucestershire Land For People, a pioneering community land trust enabling similar projects across the county
- setting up the Social Enterprise Centre in Stroud
- establishing The Exchange - affordable workspace, hot desking and meeting/conference facilities in Stroud
- pioneering Stroud Communiversity - national and international learning and skills exchange through action learning
Accessed May 2013: 
- Max Comfort is an executive/life coach, mentor, teacher and trainer, helping people create a fulfilling and sustainable lifestyle by doing what they are passionate about. He is also a painter, businessman, social entrepreneur, writer and a director of Stroud Common Wealth since its' inception in 1999.
- Odilia Jarman networks local food projects and promotes the importance of seasonal eating and sustainable food production via market trading, workshops and events. She has been a director of Stroud Common Wealth since Spring 2009.
- Melanie Jones
- Martin Large is a facilitator, community land trust enabler, publisher (Hawthorn Press) and Chair of Stroud Common Wealth. He works in organisational and individual development with government, civil society and business, and chairs the CLT National Demonstration Project.
- Clare Mahdiyone
- Greg Pilley runs the award winning Stroud Brewery and is a founding member of Stroud Community Agriculture. He is also a co-leader of the community farm land trust project and has been a director of Stroud Common Wealth since 2006.
- Molly Scott Cato is a green economist and cooperative researcher. She co-ordinates the Transition Stroud Lifestyles and Livelihoods working group and has been a Director of Stroud Common Wealth since 2007. She is also a core group member of Stroud Community Agriculture.
- Lucas Shoemaker
Resources and articles