Steve Barr is the CEO and co-founder of Osborn & Barr Communications (O&B), an agricultural marketing and public relations agency with offices in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri, Des Moines, Iowa (USA), and in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and London, Ontario (Canada). At one time, the company's slogan on its website was, "We create belief."
O&B was formed in 1988 with Monsanto as its founding client. The agency now represents other agricultural brands such as John Deere, United Soybean Board, the Cattlemen's Beef Board/National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the National Pork Board." Joe Osborn co-founded it along with Barr.
front groups formed by O&B for its clients include American Farmers for the Advancement and Conservation of Technology (AFACT) and CommonGround. The front group U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) is managed by Hugh Whaley, now of Drake & Company but a former executive of O&B.
Previous to co-founding O&B, Steve Barr worked for Monsanto as a marketing executive in its agricultural division, and "managed client programs" for John Deere. Osborn oversaw Monsanto's agricultural advertising with an unnamed New York agency.
Steve Barr, CEO
Osborn & Barr Communications
914 Spruce St.
St. Louis, MO 63102
Phone: (314) 726-5511
Web: http://www.osborn-barr.com/ and http://blog.osborn-barr.com/steve-barr-co-founder-and-chairman/
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Osborn & Barr, Osborn and Barr: Info., Facebook, agency social media page, accessed May 14, 2012
- Heather Kaye, Northern Exposure: St. Louis-based marketing agency Osborn & Barr Communications is set to tackle a distinct set of agrimarketing issues ... this time, north of the border, Agrimarketing.com, March 2004, accessed May 2012
- Hugh Whaley, Hugh Whaley, LinkedIn.com online profile, accessed May 2012
- Rick Desloge, Osborne & Barr to harvest Monsanto's ag marketing, St. Louis Business Journal, January 17, 1999, accessed May 2012
- Osborn & Barr, Steve Barr: Co-Founder and Chairman, agency biography, accessed May 2012
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|