Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stefano Varese is Professor and Chair, Department of Native American Studies, UC Davis. 
Honors and Awards
- 1994-1995 Faculty Development Award
- 1989-90 Co-Chair-elect of the Society for Latin American Anthropology (American Anthropological Association).
- 1987-90 National Investigator of the Sistema Nacional de Investigadores (Concejo Nacional de Ciencias y Tecnología-CONACYT / Secretaría de Educación Pública-SEP, México).
- 1987-88 Ford Foundation Fellow at the Humanities Center, Stanford University.
- 1986-87 Tinker Foundation Visiting Scholar and Professor at Stanford University.
- 1986-88 Member of the Task Force on Human Rights and Academic Freedom of LASA (Latin American Studies Association).
- 1981 Member of the Jury of the IV Russell Tribunal on the Human Rights of the Indians of the Americas (Rotterdam).
- 1971 Signatory of the Declaration of Barbados I.
- 1977 Signatory of the Declaration of Barbados II.
- 1993 Signatory of the Declaration of Barbados III.
- 1972-1973 Member of the Secretariat of the International Workgroup for Indigenous Affairs (IWGIA), Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Member of the Advisory Board of Cultural Survival, Cambridge, MA.
- Member of the Latin American Studies Association
- Member of the American Anthropological Association
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- CV, Stefano Varese, accessed January 8, 2008.