- Executive Committee, Sociologists without Borders 
- Director, Left Forum 
- Member, New York Jobs with Justice
- Editorial Collective, Theory in Action 
- Advisory Board, Transformative Studies Institute 
- Sponsor, New Politics 
Michael Parenti writes: “Even among persons normally identified as progressive, one finds a reluctance to deal with the reality of capitalist class power. Sometimes the dismissal of the C-word is quite categorical. At a meeting in New York in 1986 I heard the sociologist Stanley Aronowitz comment, “When I hear the word ‘class’ I just yawn.” For Aronowitz, class is a concept of diminishing importance used by those he repeatedly referred to as “orthodox Marxists.”” (pp.144-5)
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Organization and Awards, Socíologos Sin Fronteras, accessed April 17, 2008.
- Directors, Left Forum, accessed July 24, 2008.
- Theory in Action, Transformative Studies Institute, accessed December 2, 2008.
- Advisory Board, Transformative Studies Institute, accessed December 2, 2008.
- About, New Politics, accessed July 24, 2009.