Sinor power station
Sinor power station is a proposed 1,600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Gujarat, India.
The map below shows the approximate location where the plant would be built in Vadodara district.
Background on Plant
A 2012 report by Gujarat State Electricity Corp. lists the Sinor project as under development and planned for 2016-7. However, as of August 2014 the project is no longer listed on the GSEC website, and it appears to have been abandoned.
- Sponsor: Gujarat State Electricity Corp.
- Parent company:
- Location: Sinor village, Dabhoi taluk, Vadodara district, Gujarat
- Coordinates: 22, 73.3 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 800 MW
- Unit 2: 800 MW
- Start date: 2016-2017
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits: Terms of reference, India MoEF, Dec 9, 2010
Resources and articles
- "Tariff Order Truing up for FY 2010-11 and Determination of Tariff for FY 2012-13 For Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited Case No. 1157 of 2011," June 2, 2012.
- "Projects," Gujarat State Electricity Corporation, accessed August 2014