Sinop Akfen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Sinop Akfen power station is a proposed 1,600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sinop province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Karacaköy village, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Erfelek district, Sinop province.
Background on Plant
More recent news about this project is not available, and the project is not mentioned on the websites of either Akfen Enerji or its parent company Akfen Holding. It would appear that this project has either been cancelled or postponed indefinitely.
- Sponsor: Akfen HES Yatırımları ve Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Akfen Holding
- Location: Karacaköy village, Erfelek district, Sinop province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 41.953, 34.83 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 1,600 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Akfen 2 Milyar $'lik Yatırım Yapıyor, Aktif Haber, Sept. 25, 2007.
- Sinop Çevre Platformu yazılı açıklama yaptı, Boyabat Gazetesi, Nov. 2, 2009.
- Kredi iştahsızlığı ve dava Akfen'e 1,5 milyar $'lık yatırım erteletti, Sabah, Mar. 21, 2009.
- Akfen Energy, Akfen Holding website, accessed May 2014.
- Yenilenebilir HES Yatırımları, Akfen Enerji website, accessed May 2014.