" THE SILVER STAR APPEAL was launched in January 2007. It campaigns for diabetes awareness.
"Besides the Diabetes Centres Silver Star provides free tests for diabetes to the public (and there will be two more centres - in Manchester and London), Silver Star is running a mobile Diabetes Unit. The Unit’s main roles are to carry out important diabetes testing in the community and to promote culturally sensitive healthcare, with particular regard to the high prevalence of diabetes amongst south Asian community in the major towns and cities of Britain."
Accessed March 2013:
- Founder Patron: Keith Vaz
- International Patrons:Amitabh Bachchan, Shilpa Shetty
- National Patrons: Krishnan Nair, Esther Rantzen, Lord Adam Patel of Blackburn, Baroness Verma of Leicester, Dorothy Purdew, Sarah Teather
- Chairman of the Trustees: Malde Modhwadia
- Trustee : Roz Carter, Dominie McConnell