Sikka Thermal Power Station
Sikka Thermal Power Station is a 500-megawatt MW coal plant in Jamnagar, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Sikka taluk, Jamnagar district.
The power station is owned by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSECL). Units 1-2 of 120 MW each were commissioned in 1988 and 1993. The power station is located at Sikka near Jamnagar, the major industrial city in the state of Gujarat.
Instead, the two units were retired in 2017.
Proposed 500 MW expansion (Units 3 and 4)
Project Details of expansion
Sponsor: Gujarat State Electricity Corporation
Location: Sikka village, Jamnagar district, Gujarat
Coordinates: 22.42082767, 69.82759953(exact)
Nameplate capacity: 500 MW (Units 3-4: 250 MW)
In service: 2015
Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited: Projects" Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited, accessed Feb. 2012 and August 2014.
- “Gujarat Thermal Power Plants Set for Major Overhaul,” The Times of India, June 1, 2015
- "Proposal of retirement of 2x120MW units no. 1 & 2 each of Ukai TPS & Sikka TPS of GSECL," India CEA, August 18, 2017
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation, "GSECL: About Us", Gujarat State Electricity Corporation website, accessed February 2012.
- "BHEL commissions 250 MW thermal unit in Gujarat," Net Indian, Apr 20, 2015
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, November 2015
- "Sikka Coal Power Station India," Global Energy Observatory, accessed March 2012