Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal is an LNG import terminal in Tohoku, Japan.
- Parent: TEPCO
- Location: Sendai, Miyagi, Tohoku, Japan
- Coordinates: 38.27678, 141.0393 (exact)
- Capacity: 2.14 mtpa, 0.31 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity: mtpa, 0 bcfd
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2016
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Tohoku, Japan.
In 2008, Tohoku Electric Power decided to build a new Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal on the site of the old Shin-Sendai Thermal Power Station.
Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal has two LNG tanks, each having a storage capacity of 160,000 cubic meters. The terminal is Tohoku Electric's first LNG terminal on the Pacific Ocean side of Honshu Island.
Articles and resources
- Shin-Sendai LNG Terminal, Wikipedia, accessed April 2017
- Tohoku Electric Receives LNG Carrier at Shin-Sendai Terminal for 1st Time, The Tex Report, July 2015