Jump to navigation Jump to search
In media coverage, Flaherty is described as DeLay's "spokeswoman" and Press Secretary. 
- In November 2000, Shannon Flaherty was a Junior at George Washington University and a "staff member for Rep. Jennifer Dunn" (R-Washington). Flaherty was then "anxious about Dunn moving up in political ranks because she was instrumental in Bush’s campaign. ... Because she is so revered by Bush she could move into a cabinet position, Flaherty said. It’s one of those things where you wish her well, but then if she moves up, will I move up with her?" 
- Flaherty left Dunn's office early in 2003 to work in the House Republican Conference Press Office. 
- Flaherty and DeLay's former Communications Director Dan Allen have frequently been cited as contacts for DeLay. 
- Profile: Shannon Flaherty, Political Chicks.com.
- Becky Guyon, "Interns consider future. Election results could affect student opportunities," The GW Hatchet, November 9, 2000.
- Dean Calbreath, "Politicians' private-jet use raises questions. Cunningham among those who flew on tiny S.D. air carrier," San Diego Union-Tribune, August 5, 2005.