"Rod currently practices environmental law at the Cascadia Law Group PLLC. In the late 1980s he helped lead the environmental community's successful campaign for Initiative 97, which created our state's Superfund cleanup law. In the 1990s he served as Washington Environmental Council's representative on the Growth Strategies Commission, which led to the creation of the Growth Management Act. He has also served as Washington Environmental Council's representative on the Regulatory Reform Task Force and the Blue Ribbon Commission on Transportation. Most recently, Governor Gregoire appointed him as one of the two environmental community members on her Climate Action Team."
- Chair, Washington Conservation Voters
- Member, Board of Directors, Portland General Electric, Oregon’s largest utility, a national leader in clean energy practices (2007 - present)
- Board of Directors, Washington Business Alliance (2013)
- Board Chair, Washington Conservation Voters (2012 - present)
- Member, Connecting Washington Task Force, appointed by Governor Gregoire to formulate a ten-year sustainable investment strategy for the state’s transportation system, tying system needs and priorities to new revenue (2011 - present)
- Trustee, Bullitt Foundation (2011 - present)
Resources and articles
- Washington Conservation Voters 2014 Board of Directors, organizational web page, accessed April 9, 2014.