Professor Raymond Suttner "is Head of the Walter and Albertina Sisulu Knowledge and Heritage Centre. He holds a cross-disciplinary doctorate in politics, history and sociology. He has published widely in foreign affairs, politics, criminology, democratisation, gender, and questions of knowledge production, heritage and legal theory, nationalism, popular struggles." 
"In the period 2001-2005 I engaged in periodic contract work. This included being commissioned to write papers on democratisation issues for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC), to advise Robben Island Museum on a life histories project, to conduct interviews for a history of Intelligence in South Africa for the South African National Academy of Intelligence and to conceptualise issues related to policy development in the Department of Foreign Affairs." CV
- Visiting Research Fellow, 2001- 2005, Centre for Policy Studies, Johannesburg
- Former South African Ambassador to Sweden
- 30 Years of the Freedom Charter, Ravan Press, Johannesburg. Ohio University Press. Ohio. 1986 (with Jeremy Cronin) (266 pages).
- Inside Apartheid’s prison. Notes and letters of struggle published by Ocean Press Melbourne/New York, and University of Natal Press, Pietermaritzburg in September 2001.
- 50 Years of the Freedom Charter. Reprint with new introduction published in 2006 (though only appeared late February 2007) by Unisa Press (272 + xxiii pages).
- The ANC-led underground up to 1976. A social and historical study. Jacana Media. Johannesburg and Tulika publishers.
Resources and articles
- John Saul - critic
- Raymond Suttner, unisa, accessed February 28, 2010.